Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I wonder if the maple leaves are out.

Number Two Son is off to Canada today bound for a conference in Montreal. You'd think that after all the globetrotting he's been doing recently, he might have it down to a fine art. But no. Apparently you need dollars in Canada - fancy that! The university pays his expenses, but retrospectively of course. Oh well, he's a big boy and I should stop worrying, I suppose, but I do wonder how somebody who is prepared to board a plane to a foreign country without a penny (or should that be dime) to his name can possibly be related to me.

Oh, and despite the coldness of the wind and this morning's drizzly rain, spring has finally sprung here at Heathbank. I heard the first chiffchaff the other day and the cuckoo flowers are out all along the wall in the back garden. There are even a few stray bluebells on the hill at the back. Nature is determined to go ahead whatever the capricious weather does. I'll be glad when some of the trees actually show some green though. The horse chestnut along the road, usually far ahead of the rest, is only just bursting its buds.

3 comments:

The Music-Maker said...

Sounds peaceful! I wish I had a garden and I miss my dog (don't really know why that's relevant).

Christine McIntosh said...

I don't think it sounds peaceful at all. There is a wealth of angst hidden in that little tale about Son No 2. We need courses in Not giving A Damn, I think!

The Music-Maker said...

It's peaceful if you live two stories up and have traffic and a building site to deal with. I can't really comment on worrying about or having children though, I don't have any - I hope! :P