Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket J and J are giving me a hard time today due to a chicken carcass in the fridge and a bag of beef jerky - a present from my weekend visitor - in the cupboard. They're usually not too bad as far as mooching goes, but I suppose the combination of smells is enough to try the patience of any self-respecting spaniel.

Thanks to the insistence of my rector, as a condition of being allowed to be part of the Lay Worship Group, I'm very taken up with reading theology at the moment - nothing too dry and academic, but some very accessible (for the novice) books by Marcus J Borg and John Dominic Crossan. I wish I'd read this stuff years ago! It would have saved me a great deal of worry that I was not really a 'proper' Christian because I couldn't take on board so much of the stuff I thought I was supposed to believe. If only I'd known that the image of God I thought I'd come to myself is actually in line with modern theological thought. Is that cool or what? What's more, I'm finding out lots about the historical Jesus, which has always fascinated me, but I've just not been aimed at the right sources before.

Our adventurous friend, Jetta has begun a blog. She's preparing for yet another daring trip, this time to Nepal and she hopes to blog from there. Um - do they have broadband in the Himalayas? Anyway, anything she writes is sure to be worth reading, I promise, and the pictures of her adorable granddaughter, Amy, are gorgeous.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I suspect theological learning is an intrinsic requirement of daring to preach rather than an imposed one, no? Just wait till I 'insist' you come to terms with some of the more traditional Christology too!

(though given that I'm no nearer sorting out your Christology assignment than I was last week, you are free to play with Borg and Crossan for a while longer...)

Di said...

Just wait till I 'insist' you come to terms with some of the more traditional Christology too!

Eek! You're a hard woman! But keep insisting - it's the only way to keep me right.