Sunday, August 12, 2007

Christian living

I'm just home from a Cursillo weekend. Cursillo is a short course on Christian living and I must say this 'weekend' (it's actually three days) was just that. My role was that of table leader, to facilitate discussion among the participants, so I was lucky enough to share all the experiences they had and watch them grow in their faith and determination to make a difference for God. Talk about recharging batteries - is it possible for batteries to overflow? Because that's what I feel I'm doing right now. Cursillo is a wonderful resource within the church to give people the chance to share their experiences on their Christian journey, deepen their understanding of their faith and be encouraged to help build a more active, dynamic Christian community within their own church. As someone on the weekend remarked, if only all churches could be like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twas a wonderful weekend, Di, and enhanced by your presence and quiet wisdom, together with a right good earthy spirituality!

Di said...

Thanks Kenny! It wouldn't have been the same without you. Hope to be at the welcome home bash on Wednesday.