Monday, July 14, 2008

Two for the price of one


My blog has been the subject of much complaint (again) from family and friends because I don't update. Well today you all get a bargain - two together.

Sunday saw me uncharacteristically absent from church - missing our Lambeth bishop. Luckily Mrs Blethers has plenty to say about that so off you go over there and read about it. As for me, I was at my friend Jennifer's daughter's wedding in Carmunnock.

My record at weddings is not great. The last one I went to - my God-daughter's - had me arriving at the wrong church and consequently arriving late at the right one, and driving back to the hotel sitting in a huge puddle (and no, I'm not that incontinent!) because we left the sun-roof open and there was a thunderstorm, then having to sidle into the hotel looking as if I was that incontinent! In view of that, I decided to leave the linen at home and opted for the high heels and chiffon look so beloved of wedding attendees of a certain age. And yes, I know I am that certain age - that's why I wore it! I nearly asked Mrs Blethers for a loan of her black wedding hat, and indeed it wouldn't have gone amiss, for hats and kilts and posh frocks were the order of the day.

But it was lovely to meet up with old friends again. We're still the staffroom babes from Calderwood. I hope you'll agree!

That's the mother of the bride, glowing in azure btw

2 comments:

Christine McIntosh said...

You look very glam, dear - hat or no hat!

Christine McIntosh said...

I've had this from Doddy: I cant seem to reply to Di - please tell her she looks splendid at the wedding, and it wasnt really my fault she was late for sallys wedding, even if I could be blamed for the soggy bottom! love Doddy
See how helpful bloggers can be :-)