Friday, May 01, 2009

All is well

I don't seem to have much to say, do I? It seems I've not blogged since Christmas! Maybe two or three blogs a year is it. Actually, life has had a few downs since then that haven't really left me in the mood for reflection. But, dear reader, if you are out there know this: all is well.

I'm just back from leading a Cursillo weekend at the Cathedral of The Isles on the Isle of Cumbrae. I say 'leading', but it was really a team effort with eleven others who all worked their socks off to give a group of folk the experience of living in a Christian community of love.

All this relentless loving inevitably proves too much for some, but I think the majority get the idea that the 'Cursillo experience' gives us a taste of what things could be like if all of us supported and looked out for each other all the time instead of pursuing our own selfish ends. And boy, can that be exhausting, but it sure is worth it. Because it means you always have a source of strength.

During the 'weekend' - three days actually - there were plenty of strong emotions flying around. Many were both constructive and cathartic. Some were destructive and left people wounded, but the strength of the group as a whole was enough, if not to heal them straight away, to begin the healing process.

When you're wounded, you rely on the strength of others. That's something I've come to realise over the years and once again over the last few months when things have been tough. There's always enough strength to go round. It's called the Holy Spirit in Christian circles.

No comments: