Sunday, February 19, 2006

Enneagram

This amused me enough to try posting it here. Despite being only two questions long and despite none of the profiles given being wholly accurate, I thought the results close enough to the mark. Plus I want to see how it turns out in Blogspot.

the Peacemaker
Test finished!
you chose BX - your Enneagram type is NINE.

"I am at peace"


Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union
with others and the world around them.



How to Get Along with Me



  • If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially
    don't like expectations or pressure.


  • I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advatage of this.


  • Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.


  • Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge
    me gently and nonjudgmentally.


  • Ask me questions to help me get clear.


  • Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.


  • Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.


  • I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.


  • Let me know you like what I've done or said.


  • Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.



What I Like About Being a Nine



  • being nonjudgmental and accepting


  • caring for and being concerned about others


  • being able to relax and have a good time


  • knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around


  • my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good
    mediator and facilitator


  • my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and
    now


  • being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe



What's Hard About Being a Nine



  • being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive


  • being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline


  • being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch
    of the mouth personally


  • being confused about what I really want


  • caring too much about what others will think of me


  • not being listened to or taken seriously




Nines as Children Often



  • feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant


  • tune out a lot, especially when others argue


  • are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves




Nines as Parents



  • are supportive, kind, and warm


  • are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective





Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

The Enneagram Made Easy

Discover the 9 Types of People

HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages




You are not completely happy with the result?!

You chose BX


Would you rather have chosen:

  • AX (SEVEN)
  • CX (TWO)
  • BY (FOUR)
  • BZ (FIVE)



  • My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
    free online datingfree online dating
    You scored higher than 33% on ABC
    free online datingfree online dating
    You scored higher than 50% on XYZ
    Link: The Quick and Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

    No comments: