Friday, March 31, 2006

Hot, cross bunnies

Today I'm making hot cross buns for the first time this year. The name always appeals to my childish sense of humour and I imagine lots of overheated, angry rabbits scurrying about to fulfil their Easter Bunny duties. It's traditional to eat hot cross buns on Good Friday, although I'm not sure why - something to do with the cross on the top for sure. Anyway, mine will be my contribution to the picnic tomorrow when I go to Stirling with Mr and Mrs Blethers to take part in a choral workshop in the Church of the Holy Rude (yes, that *is* how it's spelled - cue more childish humour).

Thanks to the wonders of my beloved iPod I've been able to practise some of the music for the workshop - much to the startlement of the dogs who both suddenly remembered urgent doggy business outside!

4 comments:

The Music-Maker said...

Gosh - hot cross buns, singing, getting a good blether and a picnic! I can't wait for retirement...

Christine McIntosh said...

The tenors could have done with you there, Duffy!

The Music-Maker said...

Really? Did they have females in the enor section?

The Music-Maker said...

*tenor* sorry