Thursday, August 10, 2006

Airport Alert

Chaos at the airports! Today some very good friends from the US were due to fly home early this morning. I feel awful for them - are they still hanging about at the airport? Would their plane have been one of the ones targetted? When they do eventually get on a plane, how terrifying will it be? They're not exactly in the first flush of youth or the best of health. I can't contact them, so I'll just have to sit here biting my nails and praying until I hear they're safely home.

1 comment:

Christine McIntosh said...

Joining my prayers with yours, Di - I think it depends on whether they were breaking their flight at Heathrow (not a good thing to be doing) or elsewhere - because there was a delay of "only" 90 mins or so on international flights. Let's hope they got away before things built up too badly.