Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pancakes!

The pancake party at the rectory was in full swing when I arrived last night. Our rector can certainly toss a mean pancake. I don't know how she does it for so long - American style in one pan, traditional in the other and two more pans on the go as well at peak pancake demand, pretty much non stop all evening, or at least until I had to leave to go to the choir practice at eight.

Michael and Charlie came for a while and someone recognised Michael as my son because he looks so like me! I was amused because I never think of him as remotely like me in looks. There was an irrepressible woman sitting near us who obviously thought both M and C were my sons, despite them having totally different accents. She kept going on about how well I'd brought them up! I didn't know how to tell her otherwise and couldn't get a word (or a pancake) in edgeways anyway.

Michael is now qualified as a nurse! Woopee! And he's unemployed woopee! Howcome there aren't any jobs around for nurses any more? I thought all these hospitals were short staffed. He's looking further afield which means they might have to move, alas. :(

As I write, Paul is (I hope and trust) driving up from Nottingham with his thesis to hand in today - the deadline. He hopes to stay for a few days to recover from a couple of months of intensive thesising and not much sleeping.

It's my turn to preach on Sunday - Lent 1. I have to preach on Sin. Figures *g*

No comments: