Monday, January 02, 2006

Seven meme

I was tagged by my friend Chris to do this, so just for her, here goes:

Seven things to do before I die:
Visit Pompeii again and explore it properly. Last time I was there I had only a few hours. I reckon it needs at least a couple of days, write a novel, visit America, make a will, tidy up the hard disk on my computer and delete all incriminating material, paint the bedroom (I'm sure that last will never get done). That's only six but it's all I can think of. . .

Seven things I cannot do:
Play the piano, sing lower than Middle C convincingly, write poetry, turn a cartwheel, the Times crossword, train my dog Jess to do anything unless food is on offer, turn back the clock.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
He's kind, he's fun to be with (most of the time), he's clever, he's thoughtful, he can fix just about anything, he's a bit of a Peter Pan and he seems to love me.

Seven things I say most often:
I'm just on my way, I'll be ready in a minute, where's the phone? Rob!, dogs! okay then, indeed.

Seven books (or series) I love:
The Starbridge novels, Lord of the Rings, anything by Louis de Berniere, the Rebus novels, the Jungle Book, anything by Bernard Cornwell, Kidnapped.

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time):
The Man From UNCLE movies, The Way We Were, The Great Escape, All Quiet on the Western Front, Pretty Woman, Lord of the Rings, Chicken Run.

Seven people I want to join in, too:
I don't know seven people who read this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a peaceful new year from somewhere.

Christine McIntosh said...

Thanks, kid!

Anonymous said...

You're mistaken
there's-
Chris
Anonymous
Me...and
Tam,Malky,Hughie and Geordie
sitting here with me
even though only I can see and talk
with them
that still makes seven
Wait a minuite
Illya Kuryakin's just pop't in for a chat so that makes eight.
Would someone who sent away and became an U.N.C.L.E. agent at age 11 lie to you.
I suppose that still makes me an uncle agent they must owe me a fortune by now.

Di said...

Illya Kuryakin's just pop't in for a chat so that makes eight.

Oh boy!
A fellow UNCLE agent!
Jimmy
Tam, Malky, Hughie and Geordie
Welcome :)

Anonymous said...

How nice to see so many UNCLE agents gathered together! :D The head of my satrapy will . . . um . . . I mean, UNCLE? What's UNCLE? Er, I mean Uncle who? *whistles innocently and edges off to report*

Anonymous said...

Hi friend. Thanks for this blog you have. I've been doing some research today on dog easy train and came across your site. I'm pretty impressed with your amount of knowledge and the great content you have here.
I am sure you are helping a lot of people. Thanks for the info.