Saturday, January 07, 2006

Sleepy lark

I'm a lark rather than a night-owl - I really am - but at this time of year everything gets skewed. It begins on Christmas eve because I always go to church at midnight and don't get to bed until 2am, then the madness continues throughout the holidays, being reinforced at New Year. Going to bed earlier doesn't help because I'm not sleepy after getting up so late. I could set the alarm, but that would be unfair on the Old Man because he likes to sleep late on his holidays. Gah! On Monday it's going to feel like the middle of the night when the alarm goes off at 6am!!

Other news - M and C have a new dog, a Cavalier KIng Charles spaniel called Hamish. So that's three varieties of spaniel in the family! The boys want me to show them the ear-cleaning routine, alas. All spaniels have trouble with their ears and JD and Jess run the minute the word 'ear' is mentioned or the bottle of cleaner comes out of the cupboard. Looks like poor Hamish is going to follow suit. We're all going to meet this afternoon, on neutral territory. I hope they all get on. Hamish is neutered, so he and JD should be okay, but Jess gets very flirty with small, boy dogs and JD might decide to defend her honour!

1 comment:

Christine McIntosh said...

What is it about me that my apparently sane friends suddenly acquire dogs - spaniels, even - and are never the same again?
Ears. I ask you.
;-p